Below you will find our frequently asked questions. If you cannot find the information you are looking for here then please visit our contact page to complete the Contact us form or contact us by telephone.

Who are oneSource Enforcement?

oneSource Enforcement provides innovative and high-quality support across local government shared services. Our specialist enforcement service team provides an ethical and professional approach to the collection of local authority debt:

  • Road traffic
  • Business rates
  • Council Tax
  • Commercial Rent
  • Sundry debts
  • ANPR
  • Debt repayment surgeries
What regulations do we work under?

The Tribunal Court and Enforcement (TCE) Act 2007, Order 2014
The Taking Control of Goods (TCG) Regulations 2013
The Taking Control of Goods (Fees) Regulations 2014
The Taking Control of Goods (Certification) Regulations 2014
The Certificate of Enforcement Agents Regulations 2014
Civil Procedure Amendment Rules 20147 – Part 84 & 85
The Crime and Courts Act 2013
The High Court Enforcement Officers Regulations 2014

What is the recovery process under the Tribunal Court and Enforcement Act?
  • Compliance
  • Enforcement
  • Sale
Have you recently received a suspicious message from oneSource?

We contact our customers from time to time, in order to notify them of any outstanding debts or to engage with our specialist teams.

We have been made aware of some fraudulent messages being issued, posing as oneSource Enforcement.

If you suspect you have a received such a message please contact us to let us know;

Phone: +44 (0)203 373 3588

Email: oses@onesource.co.uk

Or: enforcement.onesource.co.uk/contact

We will then investigate the matter and verify whether or not the message was genuine, and report it to ICO or Action Fraud if it does appear to be fraudulent.

We may ask for a screenshot of the message and the contact number the message was received on.

Enforcement Agent fees

As from April 2014 new legislation has been introduced by the government which clearly defines the stages of enforcement and the costs associated with them. The term Certificated Bailiff has now been replaced with Enforcement Agent.

Fee Stage Fixed Fee Percentage fee (regulation 7):
percentage of sum to be
recovered exceeding £1500
Compliance stage £75.00 0%
Enforcement stage £235.00 7.5%
Sale or disposal stage £110.00 7.5%


The Enforcement Agent may also recover disbursements by way of storage, locksmith, court fees and auction costs and charges. In additional exceptional disbursements may be applied for.

What is an Enforcement Agent?

An enforcement agent – also known as a ‘bailiff ‘– is someone who is instructed:

By a creditor to enforce a money debt or a fine; OR
By a creditor to repossess goods under hire purchase or a conditional sale agreement to enforce an injunction; OR
By a landlord to carry out an eviction.
They have the power to repossess your property, or take your possessions and sell them – giving the proceeds to your creditor to pay back what you owe them. The court will only send a bailiff if you fail to maintain payments towards a County Court Judgement (CCJ).

Why has the Enforcement Agent– called or written to me?

They have contacted you because we have been issued with a warrant of control or liability order instructing us to collect payment or take control of your goods in respect of a debt which our client says is owed to them.

An Enforcement Agent has visited my address and left a notice of attendance whilst I was out. What should I do?

Please contact the Enforcement Agent immediately (contact details are shown on the paperwork) to discuss your options for settling your debt.

It is extremely important that you make contact with us, further visits will be made to your address and you may incur additional costs and further action.

What does a Liability Order/Warrant of Control authorise?

The Liability Order or Warrant of Control authorises Enforcement Agents to attend your home or business address. They will collect money (or monies) owed under the judgment debt or remove goods from the home or business to sell at auction to cover the cost of the outstanding debt.

What happens when an Enforcement Agent attends my property?

The Enforcement Agent will asses your situation and if they cannot agree on a suitable payment arrangement they will make an inventory of your goods (known as Taking Control of Goods). This is an undertaking by you; although still in your possession the goods are now subject to control and could be removed at a later date should you fail to pay. Should you refuse to sign this form the Enforcement Agent will have no alternative but to remove goods immediately.

I have agreed an arrangement at ‘compliance stage’ – what happens next?

If you keep to the terms of your agreement, no visits will be made to your property and no further fees will be incurred.

When you have made the final payment of your agreement, your account will be closed and marked as paid in full.

I do not agree that I owe this.

We are not able to assist you. Our client says that you do owe this sum and we have to act on their instructions and pursue payment unless and until they tell us otherwise. Our client may be able to assist if you have clear evidence that you are being pursued for payment wrongly. However, in relation to penalty charges, there is a set time period for raising a challenge which has now passed.

Will your actions influence my credit worthiness?

At this stage your debt is a confidential matter between the local authority, us and you. Once the debt is discharged the matter is closed. (should the debt not be paid, it would be passed back to the local authority to take further action which could result in a CCJ dependant on the debt type.

What should I do if I cannot afford to pay this debt?

Please do not ignore this debt as it will not go away. Call our office on 0203 373 3588 quoting your reference number and speak with one of our officers. A payment arrangement may be considered.

What happens if I default on my payment plan?

One of our Enforcement Agents may visit your property to enforce the debt which may result in additional costs.

Please contact us immediately on 0203 373 3588 to discuss the reasons why the payment has been missed, and discuss your options.

I don’t owe this amount (I have already paid or have arranged a payment plan)

Please contact us immediately with the details of the payments you have made including any payment receipts/reference numbers. We will then look into this matter. Please be aware that you may still be liable for any fees already incurred for the collection of this debt.

The person on this notice does not reside at my address and I do not want an Enforcement Agent to attend and remove my goods, what should I do?

We are sorry to have troubled you but we do need to request some evidence that the debtor does not reside at your address.

Please click here  to complete an online form (you will need to also attach proof of address i.e council tax bill, mortgage statement or tenancy agreement).

If you remove my goods what happens next?

Should a removal take place the goods will be placed in storage. You will be sent a Notice of Sale which allows, a further period to pay the debt and costs. If you fail to pay the outstanding balance the goods will be sold at auction.

We will send you written breakdown of the sale. If there is a surplus it will be returned to you. If the sale fails to raise the full amount due you may be required to pay the balance.

My vehicle or goods have been removed and I am not the debtor. What Should I do?

Please contact us immediately on 0203 373 3588 or click here to complete our contact form. You may be required to provide the following evidence, in order to verify ownership:

  • Your full name, address, contact telephone number, valid email address and proof of id (passport or driving license).
  • A description of the goods in which you are making the claim against, as well as the grounds upon which your claim is based.
  • If your claim relates to a vehicle, we require the following to support your claim:
  • A copy of the V5 Logbook issued by the DVLA.
  • A copy of a valid Insurance Certificate for the vehicle, which must be purchased on the date of purchase. If you are in possession of motor traders insurance, the MID list showing the vehicle was added to the policy must also be provided. In the absence of a valid insurance certificate, a DVLA SORN confirmation is required
  • Evidence of the Road Fund Licence which must be obtained on the date of purchase.
  • A valid receipt for the purchase.
  • Evidence of the flow of money used for the purchase of the vehicle, for example, a bank statement.
  • Evidence of how the vehicle was obtained, for example, a copy of the advertisement.
How do I make a complaint?

If you feel our service not been adequate in any submit a formal complaint, please complete our online form by clicking here.

We treat all complaints seriously and will investigate the issues you raise promptly, thoroughly and fairly.

I wish to appeal against this Parking Ticket/warrant, what should I do?

There could be many reasons for not receiving the PCN i.e not received in post or recently changed address. If we currently have the case this means your time for appeal with the council has now passed.

You can make representations against the debt but you will need to do so via the Traffic Enforcement Centre and file an Out of Time Witness Statement.

Please ensure that you provide all the relevant evidence. For further information please see below:

  • By phone: 0300 123 1059 or 01604 619450

n.b your account may not be placed on hold whilst you make your appeal. This will only be done under the instruction of our client.

FAQ - Side Img
Home Banner Logo 2